Monday, October 13, 2014

Mark's visit

My brother-in-law Mark has come to hang out with me in France for a week.  It's fun having someone to explore with.  We started out with the Louvre, which in hindsight, may have been over ambitious considering his 15 hour commute to Paris. 

I have to say that I wasn't that impressed with the Louvre.  The biggest detractor being their audio guide which is now done on an overly complicated Nintendo 3D game console.  They have chosen very few pieces to include information about and then the information is so academic that both Mark and I found ourselves turning it off. 

Of course, the huge collection of seemingly random pieces all in long hallways doesn't lend itself to any sort of narrative and the surging crowds aren't so great either. 

I did see a few pieces that I was looking forward to.


and, of course, we checkout the Mona Lisa.



I'll go back again but I'm going to try a book and a private tour as alternatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment